Monday, July 06, 2009

Should I put ice on that

Tuesday Hailey and daddy had a special day together. They went mini golfing and to the library and ran a half dozen errands for me. I tracked down a pair of lamps I love and they drove all the way to SWP to get them for me. Tuesday night we went over to Sean and Robyn's to celebrate Sean's birthday. Somehow during the busy day I managed to make him a birthday cake.

Tracy, Dan and Calista arrived early Wednesday morning, Canada Day. I met them at the airport, slightly late but they didn't mind. Calista had a fantastic flight which was great news. I wasn't surprised that she had changed so much but I felt a bit sad because it is realistic to expect that I will miss a lot of her growing up.

Canada Day we helped Tracy and Dan get settled and then we went to the City's celebrations. It was a beautiful day. Hailey and Dylan checked out all of the big machines and equipment. Hailey was most excited to get a balloon and a flag so we did that next. There were long lines for games, food and rides so we decided that instead of fighting the crowd we would take a walk along the river and go get an ice cream.

Friday morning Darcy, Dan and Hailey left for the lake. They picked up Dad's trailer on the way and spent the morning setting up. I had a long, lonely day at work since my coworkers were all off for fourth of July. I made my second birthday cake of the week for Tracy and finished packing and tidying up before we picked up Dylan and drove out to the lake. We got there in time to unpack, have dinner and birthday cake.

Saturday it was disappointingly cloudy and cool but it didn't stop us from hitting the water early in the day. I had a great first run on the wake board and decided that it was warmer in the water than the boat. I suited up for a second run and decided to try a few new moves. I was up for a few moments and as I came up over the wake I caught the front edge of the board and slammed face first into the water. I have had my fair share of hard dumps into the lake but this was an all time win for me. I saw stars, my ears rang, everything went black and my face stung from impact. Darcy raced back to retrieve me but I was too shaken to climb in so I floated around until the feeling returned in my face. I ended up with a fat lip, bruised eyelid and a good case of whiplash. That was the start of my accident prone day. I stubbed my toe, started a small fire in the trailer, burned my hand and dropped a glass of hot chocolate in the process. But I made it through the day without breaking anything...which is more than I can say for Tracy seems to have broken a toe after an altercation with the dinette bench in our trailer. This just confirms what Darcy and I have been saying for weeks, we need a bigger trailer. We dodged the rain a few times during the day and bundled in blankets in the gazebo through the late afternoon. After dinner we put the kids to bed and the weather started to clear. We enjoyed the evening around the fire and the mamas turned in early while the boys went fishing.

Sunday the weather was great. We were on the dock shortly before 11 enjoying the sunshine. Cory, LeeAnn and Gavin were up and Sean, Robyn and Robyn's parents joined us for the day. We cooled off swimming in the water. Hailey spent much of the day floating on the tube with aunty Tracy. We made several runs in the boat and despite my sore muscles I made another run. The water was great and I was pleased to come away from the day with only a bruised butt. It took us a few hours to pack up and we all had dinner at Maple Tree on the way home. By the time we got home and got the kids to bed it was almost 9pm. Dylan slept through the night and I had to wake him this morning. I guess he enjoyed all that fresh air.


















0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Photoshop Brushes Obsidian Dawn