
I returned to work Monday. I am working half days Monday, Wednesday and Friday and full days Tuesday and Thursday for the month of June so that I can finish my class. Class has been tough. We have been doing tons of running and the weights are challenging. I am worried about finishing the class and losing momentum. I actually didn't make it through class on Monday. My chest cold got the best of me half way through cardio and I headed home. Before starting work, I picked up Hailey from preschool and took her to the day home.My return to work has been pleasant. I admit that if I had the option I wouldn't return, at least not full time but I did miss my coworkers and it has been nice to be in touch again. So far I have not been too busy, just trying to get up to speed.
Darcy was away three days this week, which made my return to work a little stressful trying to iron out a new schedule to balance class, day home, preschool and my job. Tuesday was my first full day at work and I really missed the kids. I am feeling guilty about the amount of time they are spending with someone else. Stacey has been fantastic, doing all sorts of crafts and games with the kids. They are both very happy and they wave good bye at the door and are off to play. On the full days the mornings have been quite early for the kids but it is so handy that Stacey gives them breakfast. It makes our mornings so much quicker.Tuesday evening Dylan had his immunizations. It was awful and I can honestly say I am not sure who cried louder Hailey or Dylan. The nurse reported that Dylan's development is great, he is a healthy little boy. He hasn't gained much weight though. Probably because he doesn't really sit still and I'm sure is also partly due to the nasty flu bug he had last month.
Thursday night I treated myself to a much needed massage. I went to see Paula, I have missed Paula. Paula is the best massage therapist and a great friend. Since I had kids I have had very few massage appointments and I plan to go way more often because afterward I felt fabulous and it was so nice to catch up with her. I also had an amazing cardio and weight session on Friday and I think it had something to do with her dealing with all those muscle knots.



Friday night Hailey was supposed to have soccer but we didn't bother since it rained all afternoon. Instead Darcy and I sat on the couch and happily tested margarita recipes. Saturday Hailey had her summer soccer jamboree. They had relays, soccer games, face painting, inflatable jumpy things and medal presentations. She was quite excited to receive another medal. We were very pleased for her.Saturday night I had girls night out. We gathered at Leslie's for our Mexican Fiesta. We made tons of Mexican food and drank margaritas all night. It was a lot of fun. On Sunday Darcy and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. We decided to go indoor rock climbing for our date. It was my first time and was very fun. I opted not to take any photos due to the unflattering nature of the harness. I had a calorie packed burger and fries for dinner and then we looked at a few boats before picking the kids up. Yes boats...you see Sunday morning I came to my senses and decided that it would be silly to buy a brand new vehicle, it goes against all of my logic so I must stay out of the showroom because I am easily tempted by the shiny paint and new car smell. Much like my desire to build a new house everytime I enter a show home. I further decided that if I upgrade my vehicle I still have only a vehicle. If I continue to drive my old car and we instead by a boat we would have a lot more fun. I didn't have to twist Darcy's arm. Let's just hope my car hangs in there with no major issues, knock on wood.
So today is Monday. Darcy left late this morning but was lucky to catch Dylan taking a few steps. He took a few yesterday and a few today. They are accidental steps and he instantly hits the deck when he discovers he is walking by himself but it means that it won't be long and he will be walking then running.
0 comments:
Post a Comment