Sunday, June 14, 2009

And so we boated

Darcy made a trip to Calgary Monday morning. He caught an early flight home on Tuesday morning so that he could go and look at a few boats. By Tuesday evening he had made an offer and picked up our boat on Wednesday. It was pretty exciting. We spent Wednesday evening cleaning the boat seats and vacuuming and shampooing the carpet. Thursday Darcy continued to race around looking for a boat lift without success. Friday he rented wake boards and by Friday evening we were on our way to the lake to enjoy the hot weather.

Everything else this week is a bit of a blur. I did get a new windshield installed on Thursday morning -- much overdue. We also had a BBQ dinner at friends Paul and Vivien's house on Thursday evening. I had my class on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, all tough ones. Friday evening we grabbed McDonald's for dinner and headed for the lake. We got there in enough time to unpack and put the kids to bed. I am happy to say that we had a decent sleep. Usually we toss and turn on the uncomfortable trailer mattress and are woken frequently by the kids. Dylan woke only two times and everyone rested well.


















We put the boat in the water as early as we could Saturday morning and it was fabulous. By 10:30 we had our first try at wake boarding. It was frustrating, I couldn't get up and drank a lot of lake water. I eventually gave up and after Darcy and Cory took a run we returned to the dock for lunch and a swim. Sean and Robyn drove out to spend the evening with us. We all went for a boat ride before we ate dinner and I had 2 good runs on Cory's wake board.


Darcy took a lot of video but only photos of me wiping out. I didn't take any of him so I can't really complain. The kids seemed to enjoyed boating. Hailey sits at the front soaking up the warm sun with the wind in her face. Dylan only lasts about 2 minutes in the boat before he is asleep.









It was a hot weekend and there were tons of mosquitoes. One of those weekends where you are constantly applying sunscreen and bug spray. Poor Hailey got quite a few bites on her legs. We finally found a hat that Dylan would keep on his head...my white Safari hat. A little big but does a fine job. The kids played non-stop all weekend, particularly enjoying Gavin's mini quad. I gave several wagon rides to the boys.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Photoshop Brushes Obsidian Dawn