Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cheers

We had a busy week. I am finding that I have very little time to play with the kids during the week. By the time I pick them up at day home and we have supper it is almost bed time. We would like to do a lot more biking, walking and playing outside during the summer so I think we will have to get organized and have dinner done a lot faster. I finished up my toughen up class on Friday. I didn't get the weight loss or inch loss results I had originally hoped for but I was pleased that I could do a chin up, moved up another level in my cardio testing and almost doubled my plank time.

This week Dylan mastered Cheers. He is doing well with his sippy cup so we are slowly getting rid of his bottle. It is taking a surprisingly long time to get him interested in milk which has made it hard to cut back on his bottle. Unfortunately, he is still not sleeping through the night. He still wakes at least 2 or 3 times hungry. Dylan is taking lots of steps now but still knows that crawling is way faster. He is babbling a lot and repeats words like no, uh oh, dada, mum mum mum and baba. He is a loud little boy testing out all kinds of sounds. His favorite thing right now is to raspberry, which can be very wet and drives Hailey nuts. He and Hailey generally play well together and she enjoys him but he does bug her often. He tries to take her toys, sometimes pinches or pulls her hair and loves when she chases him.

Hailey seems to be getting taller every day. She loves plants and checks on her pea plant everyday to see if it is still growing. She had her last day of preschool this week. I am not sure she understood that it was her last day because when it was time to say goodbye to the teachers and other children she said see you later and was off.

We went to the lake on the weekend. We packed up and made it out Friday evening in time for dinner. Saturday the weather was warm so we went for a wake board and a swim. Dylan of course had a sleep. Cory pulled the kids wagon behind the law mower which they really enjoyed and they took turns pretending to drive it.














Sunday the weather was cooler so we put the top on the boat and while Dylan napped Darcy, Hailey and I fished. Hailey used her new fishing rod and was remarkably patient, she got a nibble but was disappointed when the fish stole her hook and swam away. Darcy also lost a hook to a nibble. I pulled in a walleye and jack with my new fishing rod.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Photoshop Brushes Obsidian Dawn