Saturday, March 01, 2008

All Cleaned Up

This week ended as a whirlwind. Thursday afternoon I headed for the airport and caught my flight to Vancouver. The flight was good, arrived early. I met Darcy and Brian at the airport and we drove to Squamish. I can't say much for our stay in Squamish. When we arrived it was dark. We spent our only day there in meetings and then drove back to the airport in the pouring rain . The drive was beautiful, despite the highway construction everywhere in preparation for the Olympics.

We landed late Friday night and drove home. We were excited about the prospect of sleeping in Saturday morning because Hailey was staying with Grandma and Grandpa. When we got home I fired up the washing machine and walked away. Low and behold the water sensor failed and after about 10 minutes Darcy yelled from the basement to shut the water off! The washing machine flooded our laundry room and went down into the basement storage room, bathroom and onto some of the carpet. There was minimal permanent damage, which was a relief but the cleanup took us hours and we ended up with a huge pile of wet laundry.

We spent most of the weekend trying to find the ideal replacement. I am quite excited about the front loading washer and dryer we have ordered. We do have to wait 7-14 days for them to arrive, which feels like an eternity. I do try to trick my old machine into doing a load here and there but it is very time consuming and pretty much requires that I stay in the laundry room.

Sunday morning I went to visit Gramp in his new room. Took me quite awhile to find him because no one seemed to know where he had been moved. He was comfortable. Pleased with his new digs and his only concerns was that he had dropped the TV remote and couldn't get it replaced until Monday. Sunday afternoon Hailey and I went to visit LeeAnn and baby Gavin. He is such a sweetie. I held him for awhile and he slept. Little ones are so peaceful.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Photoshop Brushes Obsidian Dawn