The snow is disappearing fast...except for in our front yard! It is nice to have a sunny, warm day on the first day of spring. Today is Good Friday so we had the day off work. We had a pleasant and quiet morning then took a trip to Costco where as usual we bought a bunch of stuff that we didn't need but just had to have. Daddy had hockey this evening and Hailey and I had dinner plans which fell through so we broke out the finger paints. I bought them awhile ago (at Costco of course) but until today couldn't work up the nerve to introduce that kind of a mess into my home.

Turns out Hailey is an anal as I am. She wanted to watch me paint but didn't want to put her fingers in the paint, too messy. I coached her through a few pictures and eventually she got bored and that was it. Not as fun or as messy as I had imagined it would be but I certainly wouldn't be concerned about trying it again.
Hailey helped make her favorite 'star sandwich'. If you can believe it, until recently I couldn't get Hailey interested in a PBJ sandwich. I thought kids were born loving them. All I had to do was cut it in the shape of a star and all of a sudden it is her favorite thing! I'm all ready for easter. I filled lots of little plastic eggs with chocolates and candies and I will hide them for her to find Sunday morning. Last year she enjoyed it but needed a lot of help collecting her eggs, this year I am hoping she finds it very fun.This week was fairly typical. Darcy was out of town for a few days. Hailey and I did the usual run to Wal Mart one evening and we stopped at the gift shop another to pick out a birthday gift for a special friend of ours. We got through more of our spring cleaning but somehow after a few days it is hardly noticeable. Oh well, at least we know it was done.
1 comments:
I love the art! It cracks me up that she doesn't like the mess of it....soo your daughter!
So unlike mine...tee. hee, I am sure Hailey will be a brain!
I love the star sandwich idea!
I am going to have to try this with my kids, thank you!
Have a great Easter, I am missing you guys like crazy!
Post a Comment