I made it to class on Tuesday evening. We ran hills, a lot of hills and I ended up with a very sore left knee. I was a bit disappointed because I did very well for the first half of the class but had to walk most of the way in. On Wednesday evening Darcy took Hailey to dance class and afterward he drove out to the lake to get some work done on our lot and the road.
As is the case most times Darcy goes out of town, one of the kids got sick. Dylan came home from dayhome with a slight fever Wednesday afternoon. At midnight he woke crying and when I picked him up he was so hot it scared me. He had the chills and flushed cheeks. I took his temperature and it was 105 degrees. I quickly gave him a dose of Advil and some juice. I contemplated going to the emergency room but hoped that the Advil would kick in quickly. I brought him to bed with me and had him watch cartoons while I monitored his fever. He was happy and danced to the music on his show, he didn't appear lethargic or uncomfortable. He drank tons of juice and within an hour his temperature came down quite a bit. I tucked him back into bed and got a few more hours of sleep. By morning he had a fever again but not as high so I decided to keep him home for the day. Luckily my mom was in town visiting her friend Cheryl so I had her come to our place a day early and she watched Dylan. He seemed to be better within 24 hours but is still a bit cranky so might still be something bothering him.
Darcy did get a lot of work done out at the lake. He got the boat winch installed and the boat in the water. He got the inverter installed and the solar panel. He cut a path to the lake and they repaired the road.
Thursday night I missed class. I felt very guilty but Hailey and I had to pick up some very special construction party supplies. Friday it started to rain. It rained and rained and rained.

Darcy and I participated in the Mitsubishi City Chase race on Saturday. It was a lot of fun despite the rain. We started the race in the river valley and made our way to 10 of the 30 checkpoints. We participated in some fun challenges including car-eokee, hip hop dance-off, climbing, a treasure hunt and a tasting challenge. Lucky for Darcy I got all of the items in my tasting challenge correct so he didn't have to eat any of those live grasshoppers!! After our race we came home, showered and warmed up. Mom, Hailey and I did some shopping for Dylan's birthday party. When we came out of Wal Mart we were surprised to find heavy snow falling. It is practically June and there is snow falling! Well at least I don't have to feel guilty for not having planted my flowers yet this year. We spent the evening prepping fruit and sandwich trays and making the birthday cake.
Party day we got up and got ready. We held Dylan's party at Jump Zone and we were really pleased with how it turned out. The kids spent most of their time in the Jumpy Things. Even the big kids took a turn. First we had lunch and then served cake. Dylan could hardly see over his cake it was so tall, so Hailey helped him blow out his candles. The kids returned to jump for a bit and then it was present opening time. Dylan opened his first gift, a yellow Tonka 4x4 truck towing 2 motorcycles on a trailer. He wanted it out of the box immediately and refused to open any others. Trying to be polite I tried to make him open the other gifts, which only made it worse and he laid out on the floor in a major tantrum. Eventually with the help of the other children I opened up all of his fantastic presents. Dylan drove his new favorite truck and trailer around the Jump Zone until it was time to go.






Dylan was overdue for a nap when we got home. While he slept we unpacked all of the new toys and set them out on the coffee table. When he woke up, he and Hailey played with then new toys for the rest of the afternoon. Uncle Sean and Aunty Robyn stopped to bring Dylan his birthday gift and to introduce new cousin Peter to the kids. Hailey held Peter and told me how cute and tiny he is. He is absolutely adorable! Sean and Robyn purchased Dylanthe 'If I ran the Circus' book by Dr Seus and also gave him the little stuffed whale which he was thrilled with and has added to his sleep collection.
0 comments:
Post a Comment