I had to leave the country to start my Christmas shopping this year. On the weekend LeeAnn and I took our annual Christmas shopping trip. We flew into Seattle, rented a car and drove North to Lynnwood. The stores were open long hours and the deals were great. We flew in Friday at supper time and home Monday night.
We shopped Kohl's Friday evening and as usual bought a ton of children's clothes and purses. Saturday we drove North to Burlington to hit the infamous Lululemon outlet. When we arrived they were minutes from opening, there was a small group gathered by the door and a parking lot full of BC plates. We had high hopes for Lululemon outlet and imagined all kinds of fantastic deals so we were a bit disappointed to find mostly pants on sale -- very long pants. Jackets and shirts were in very few sizes and the hoodies apparently never go on sale. With the few goodies we found we hopped back into the car and drove to the Seattle Premium Outlets at Tulalip where we had much better luck. My friends Edith and Kyle drove in from Vancouver, Washington to see us. I see them only a few times each year so it was so sweet of them to come and see us. They joined us to shop and very patiently went store to store with us, helping us pick cute clothes for the kids and carry our shopping bags.
Kyle and Edie stayed at the same hotel in Lynnwood so after our day of shopping we met for dinner. Sunday we went to Target and then to the mall and spent some more money. After dinner at the Keg and a quick Happy Birthday to Edie we said goodbye to Kyle and Edie and returned to the hotel to pack. There was still a bit of room left in my suitcase so Monday morning before flying home I picked up some groceries.
We landed late and it had snowed but at least it wasn't cold. I didn't get a chance to see the kids until morning. I missed my family so much while I was away. I had talked to them on the phone and it was nice to hear their little voices but nothing compares to those little hugs and kisses.
Darcy is home this week which is nice, although he plans to travel to Calgary for Grey Cup on Sunday. He sold the truck on Wednesday and has been looking for a new one. I have been busy painting Dylan's room. I did the bottom half of his walls white, which was a very quick task and am now working on a dark blue for the top half which seems to be taking forever. I am just starting the fourth coat and hope that it will finally cover the walls.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment