Monday, November 30, 2009

Paint Fumes

It feels as though all I got done this week was painting in Dylan's room. After the easy time I had painting white on the bottom half of his walls I was feeling quite confident that I could quickly do the top half in 'Official' Oiler blue. It didn't go as quickly as I had planned. After a very unforgiving 4th coat, I returned to Home Depot for a paint upgrade. I selected the highest quality of paint they offered and crossed my fingers that the color would match and just one more coat would do it. The 5th coat looks great. Lesson learned. When painting deep, dark colors spend the extra money for a high end paint. It was well worth it. When the paint is good and dry I will apply the border. Until then it has a somewhat unfinished look. Hailey informed me that I am not done yet and thought that the entire wall should be white. She brushed the paint with her hand and said the white is very beautiful. At least Dylan can move out of my office and back into his room now that the paint fumes are gone.

I also found my way through a mountain of laundry yesterday. I haven't managed to clean house yet. I spent so much time painting that all my other chores have been a bit neglected.

We did some Christmas shopping this weekend. I am happy to say we are almost done. I even wrapped some gifts last night. Darcy went to Calgary Sunday morning for the Grey Cup. He will return home tonight hopefully in time to help bath the kids and put them to bed.

I got my hair done Friday. I love the cut and color, I managed to take a very unflattering photo of myself to post. If you think I look very different, it's probably the shock of seeing my eyebrows!

My children are as fun as ever. Hailey is my spelling bee. She is interested in words and yesterday she informed me that S-A-N-T-A spells Santa. She asks everyone what they start with, meaning the first letter of their name. She loves the letter of the day at preschool and last week was thrilled to be the 'Child of the Week'. Not only did she get to tell the group all about herself. She had very special duties including calling circle time, leading circle song and turning out the lights for 5 minute warning. She had another special salon day at daycare and came home with a purple braid, blue streak, sparkles and ribbons in her hair. It was not easy to convince her that they eventually had to come out.

My wee boy is into everything. He brings me things all day long like remotes, dishes, pens, cleaning products, hair accessories, phones and says 'tay do' which is his version of thank you. He stands on the stool and turns the bathroom light on and off for several minutes at a time. The bathroom light switch must be lower than the rest of the switches in the house because it seems to be the only one he can reach, even on the stool. He is pleased with the change in his bedroom decor and yells 'Go Go Go....Gooooooooo' whenever he sees an Oiler's logo or a hockey game. He knows lots of words now and has added 'Ha-yee' to his vocabulary...that's Hailey. Each evening when he and I go to pick up Hailey he is excited to see Miss Donna. He races to her office, puts his hands up on her desk, which he can hardly see over and says 'peesh' (please) to request his daily stamps. It seems to be the highlight of his day...and I am wondering if it might be Miss Donna's too! Dylan has been working on big boy things like drinking from a glass...seems he has picked up the habit of drinking milk from his cereal bowl as well.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Photoshop Brushes Obsidian Dawn