This week Grandma Cindy came for a visit. She arrived Tuesday afternoon and the kids were excited when they got home from daycare. They were pleased to see Grandma and Hailey had her nails painted, a tattoo and a blue braid in her hair from their salon day at preschool.Wednesday Was Remembrance Day. My mom and I spent the day playing with the kids. We played dress up, trucks, Tinker Toys and puzzles. Hailey had dance in the evening and then Daddy took her to a local hockey game.
Thursday mom and I cleaned out Hailey's closet and my office closet. We pulled together a Rubbermaid container of craft supplies which we took to the daycare. We moved some of the baby puzzles and books to Dylan's room and got each child's room a little more organized. It was nice to have the help. Thursday evening I had book club. It was a nice evening with the girls, although the book 'Running with Scissors' did not rate very well.Friday I had another evening out, Grandma babysat so that I could join the girls for dinner and Crankpots and Darcy played hockey. The kids had movie night which they loved. I made a snowman candy dish and am curious to see how it turned out...these things don't usually look the same after being fired.
Saturday morning Hailey had soccer. She had a great game and even scored a goal. In the afternoon I took Grandma to catch a bus home. We had a fun visit, hopefully she can come back again before Christmas. Also, Dylan moved into a big boy bed. It didn't happen fast intentionally. I am trying to keep him a baby as long as I possibly can. We are cleaning and painting several rooms in the house and have been getting rid of excess baby gear. Last week we got rid of the high chair and the basement baby gate. This weekend we decided
to set up his new bed to get it out of the garage and to get him used to it being in his room. He and Hailey jumped on and did puzzles as soon as it was assembled and he happily took his afternoon nap in it. At bedtime we had planned to put him into his crib but he climbed into bed and pointed to his bottle and said 'bobble, bobble'. Shortly after he finished it he was sound asleep in his bed. Darcy moved him to his crib around 3am because he was standing at the door talking.Yesterday I took on the job of painting the laundry room. Oddly enough I think I might have picked the exact same color as my office. I guess I must really like it. I let the Home Depot employee estimate how much paint I would need which was a mistake. She suggested a quart would do 2 coats...wrong. She also said a primer wasn't required because it was a primer-painter in one...wrong. All of the repair sites soaked up the paint and were obvious after the first coat so I primed over top of them, then barely finshed one and a half coats before running out of paint entirely. I was not impressed last night when I finished. We also purchased a bank of preassembled cabinets for above the washer and dryer. I thought it might be nice to get rid of the wire shelf while
we are painting the room. We didn't have the truck with us so we left the cabinets at 'will call' for pick up later that day. It was the last set they had and when Darcy went back to get them, they were gone. I was again not impressed with Home Depot! They said they could try and get another set in the next few days.Yesterday afternoon while I painted Dylan went for a haircut. His hair was getting a bit out of control, especially if there was even a bit of static. He was a bit of a challenge but daddy let him play with his cell phone to distract him.
0 comments:
Post a Comment