
Sunday morning Darcy took some cute pictures of the kids. I'm posting a few unedited ones here because by the time he edits them, this post will be archived. Dylan was not his usual smiley self, in fact he cried until we gave him a soccer ball to play with so it quickly became a prop.
The birthday dinner for my dad was awesome. My roast was perfect, as were all of the sides and the cake was yummy...I know I shouldn't be having cake but I admit I had a teeny taste but that was it. My dad and stepmom played with the kids late into the evening. Hailey had a plastic crown for my dad and insisted that he dance like the King and so he did -- who could resist?!?Nothing too exciting Monday or Tuesday. I had class Monday and I weighed in only 0.5 pounds lighter which had me upset but I tried on my white capris pants and they fit really well so that quickly improved my mood. I won't be needing capris here anytime soon though, the weather turned cold and it snowed and snowed and snowed. I have only a few more weeks until we hit some sunshine though and I am really looking forward to it.
Tuesday we went to the mall. It was too cold to do anything outside so I figured we could do some walking and shopping to keep us busy. We had a great time. Hailey threw a penny in almost every fountain in the mall. We had lunch in the food court, which Hailey found very exciting because she got to have a hot dog with pickles while Dylan and I shared a grilled chicken pita. I bought Hailey a few summer dresses and some sandles for Dylan. I bought some soap, make-up and dishcloths for myself so we all left happy.The rest of this week I will be interviewing day homes. Unfortunately, the child care providers that we had hoped to use have advised that we will not reach the top of the waiting list in time for me to return to work. Now I have 3 months to find alternate child care...seems like a long time but there is just such a shortage of good places that we will be competing for available positions. Wish me luck!! Is it too early to put them to work??
0 comments:
Post a Comment