Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday night is not what it used to be

Here we are at nearly 9pm on Saturday night in our PJs, his and her laptops humming away, each eating a 2 point ice cream sandwich. Life sure has changed. There was a time when we would have been just heading out for the evening, now we can hardly stay awake past 10.

I had class again on Friday morning, another tough one, I guess they call it Toughen Up for a reason. I bit the bullet and registered for the next session. I am scared for the class to end because I am not sure that I have the discipline to push myslef to workout like that on my own. After class Friday we went over to Kara's and the kids played until it was time to bring Dylan home for a nap.

This evening we watched Madegascar 2 before putting the kids to bed. That was really our first family time this weekend so far. Darcy and the kids went to Hailey's soccer game first thing this morning. They joined neighbors for a skate and lunch at McDonald's (which Hailey calls Uncle Donald's - she also sings Uncle Donald had a farm). They had lots of fun, she enjoys playing with her little buddy Sawyer.

I had an early hair appointment, it's a little shorter and a little blonder. Pam colored my eyebrows again and with them usually being so fair all I see is brow when I look in the mirror. I joined some girlfriends for lunch today, a fairly somber lunch as some very good friends of our suffered a tragic loss this week. I came home and hugged my children and husband, extremely thankful for my happy, healthy family.

I headed out this afternoon to do a little shopping. Tomorrow we are having my dad and stepmom over for dinner. We are celebrating my dad's birthday so I picked up some party supplies. This evening I baked a rum cake, it smells incredible. I hope it takes as good as it looks. Tomorrow I will cook roast beef, not something I usually cook for guests because I like to be sure a meal will turn out. My last few have been really good though so I thought I would give it a try for my dad - fingers crossed.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Photoshop Brushes Obsidian Dawn