
The past few days have been like summer, even though we have been fighting this terrible cold bug for days. We tried out the first week of our busy spring schedule. We had swimming Monday and I had class Tuesday evening. On Wednesday morning, we took Hailey for a kindergarten tour. We met the principal and her teacher, we saw her classroom and lots of students. We toured the art room, the music room, the computer room and the library. Needless to say Hailey is now not only excited about riding the bus, she can't wait to go to kindergarten!


Hailey had dance class on Wednesday evening and we managed to get the kids out to enjoyed a bike ride Thursday evening before I left for class. Dylan enjoyed his first tricycle ride but wasn't interested in doing any of the pedaling, his legs barely reach the pedals so I am not sure he could if he wanted to. Luckily he was nothing short of thrilled to wear Hailey's old helmet . Hailey is taller and stronger than last year and pedals and steers her bike without any help from mommy and daddy.



I had class early Saturday morning. Afterward, I raced home to shower and change for Bridget's birthday party. Kara held the birthday party at her work where they have a large recreation room, perfect for the kids to play. Hailey wore her fancy princess dress and Vivan painted the kids faces. Before lunch they played games and decorated crowns. We enjoyed cake and then Bridget opened her gifts. After the party we were all tired so we went home and everyone had a little nap. The weather was so nice we spent the afternoon in the backyard getting started on some spring yard work. We swept off the patio and hosed of the table, chairs and toys. We started pulling out some dead shrubs which will need to be replaced.

Sunday Darcy went to the lake to check out our lot, drop off some gear and seed some grass. He said there is still some ice on the water but it will be gone soon...hopefully our trailer arrives sooner, rather than later. I took the kids shopping. We got groceries, a few shrubs, paint samples and then took Dylan for a haircut. He finally had enough hair to cut it with some style.


I have painted my bedroom wall with two sample colors, a yellow and a blue/gray. I don't quite like the yellow I tested but am still wondering which way to go for the room. Tough choice. I like the yellow it is warm and goes with everything but there is already a lot of yellow in my house and it brings out the red in my bedroom furniture which I wanted to avoid. The blue/gray is not as warm but is a very calming color. It goes well with the bedding but not much else. While I was busy painting Darcy power raked and watered the lawn, looks very nice out there and the grass is already is starting to turn green!
0 comments:
Post a Comment