Monday, April 05, 2010

Happy Easter

Today we were back to work after an excellent Easter weekend. Dylan's childcare provider took an extra long weekend so Grandma Cindy came up Wednesday evening to help out. While Grandma entertained Hailey and Dylan, Darcy and I finished up our work week on Thursday.

On Friday, the girls went for groceries. Then mom and I headed out a second time for some Easter things. Daddy had the kids outside playing while he pulled all the summer toys out of the shed. During Dylan's nap Hailey, mom and I colored Easter eggs. We colored both white eggs and brown eggs and were really pleased with how they turned out. In the evening, after we tucked the kids in, Mom, Darcy and I watched Avatar and were all very impressed.

Saturday my wee niece had her 1st birthday party. I wish we could have been there, it sounds like she had lots of fun! I made my very first turkey Saturday afternoon. It seems funny, given how much I enjoy cooking, that I have never cooked a turkey. The reason is that I hadn't really wanted my first turkey to be for a group of people, just in case and I never really wanted to have a lot of turkey at home because I actually don't really like turkey. This was the perfect weekend though, we had no other dinners to attend and my mom was here to give me pointers. It turned out to be a lovely bird and a lovely meal. Dylan discovered grazy (gravy) and proceeded to dip his carrots into spoonfuls of it. After the kids went to bed Darcy and I went over to Bonnie and Brian's house to meet their new baby girl, Emmerson.

Mr. Dylan is always on the go. He is extremely independent. He has yet to actually conduct any business on the potty but he sits on it for a long time. Every now and then he will hop off and request 'green sheet' or 'red sheet', switching between potty seats. He doesn't want help on the stairs and tries to dress himself. He is learning his colors, numbers and loves to mimic Hailey. It drives Hailey bonkers. Hailey is a smart little cookie. She is still hooked on spelling, stories, family and singing. I think she will absolutely love Kindergarten in the fall. She has really missed the break from preschool. She is looking forward to going back on Wednesday.

Sunday Hailey was up first, she explained to Dylan that the Easter bunny had come and they darted downstairs to collect eggs. Hailey was quick to collect, while Dylan preferred to sample. At the end of their collecting Hailey found an Easter surprise hiding behind the curtains on the patio window. After the kids filled up on candy we offered them breakfast which they hardly ate. The kids played with the toys that were in their Easter baskets. Darcy took down the Christmas lights and cleaned the garage, it looks fantastic. He gathered our excess car seats and strollers and put them up for sale online. Mom and I did a bunch of housecleaning and then we had guests. My friend Vivian is working on an online project on the topic of espresso so she came over to test out our grinder and espresso machine. We had an afternoon coffee party sampling espresso shots, Lattes, Macchiatos and Americanos. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a great time playing together...although we were well caffeinated by the time our guests headed home.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Photoshop Brushes Obsidian Dawn