
On Wednesday we had Kara, Willow and Bridget over for a little Halloween lunch with worms and dirt dessert and then we carved pumpkins. Hailey and I decorated the house with cob webs, ghosts and pumpkin lights. To make things kid friendly I prepped the pumpkins ahead of time. I gutted and scraped the insides then precut the eyes, nose and mouth and refilled them with the guts and seeds. Hailey was delighted to stick her hands right in to the gooey pumpkin guts and Willow thought it was yucky. They were both delighted to punch out the eyes, nose and mouth to make a the Jack-O-Lantern face. After we finished the pumpkins Kara roasted the pumpkin seeds.


Hailey woke every morning this week asking if today she could go trick-or-treating so this morning when finally I said yes she squealed with delight. She couldn't wait to put on her Kangaroo costume and visit the neighbors. I asked her what she liked best about Halloween and she said getting the candy, then said oh and pumpkins and ghosts too.

Hailey put on her Kangaroo costume and we dressed Dylan up as a little blue monster. We took a few photos and then hopped in the car to make a few stops around town. First McDonald's for a healthy Halloween supper, then to Grandma and Grandpa's, over to Sean and Robyn's and finally home. I gave out candy while daddy took Hailey trick-or-treating up the street. She happily went to door after door on our crescent with her new friend Sawyer. And as luck would have it Sawyer also happens to be on the same indoor soccer team.
0 comments:
Post a Comment