Here we are once again welcoming a new year. Time flies. The older I get, the faster the years pass. On a day like today, I sit and wonder what the new year will bring. I sit and make little resolutions to work less, worry less, spend less, eat less, play more, laugh more, hug more, sing more, travel more and so on. At the end of the day, I look at my little family and remember that life is great and that last year was a pretty good year and hopefully this year will be too. A few less dollars, a few more pounds and a few tears are what makes me realize how lucky I really am. I put in a full day at the office New Year's Eve. We made a quick beer and food run at supper time to find the only fast food joint open in town was McDonald's. Go figure, the one time this season that we wanted to make a healthier choice and have subs or pitas, and we are stuck with McDonald's. Hailey didn't mind though, she loves fries and spends a very long time dipping each one in ketchup before she eats it.
Shortly after that I whipped up a surprise dip and we headed to Cory and LeeAnn's to celebrate. We met baby Gavin for the first time. He is wonderful, I can't believe I forgot how tiny newborns are. We had a good visit with friends. Somehow the kids fell asleep at bedtime, the ladies ended up all sober and the noisy boys drank and played pool. At midnight we raised our glasses, I kissed my hubby and then sent him out to start the car. We got Hailey up out of her slumber long enough to put on her coat and hat and headed home.
New Years Day started with a tidy up. I was going to put away a few Christmas decorations but it ended up to be everything. Hailey couldn't understand where the tree was going. In order to get the decorations back in the storage room, we had to purge. It was fabulous. I admit it, I am nesting and it felt great to get rid of garbage and junk. I ended off the busy day with a visit with Grandpa and then curled up in bed with Supernanny book. I was hoping to get some pointers on tantrums and whining, Hailey's 2 favorite things these days.Happy New Year to All!!
1 comments:
Wow, I had a lot of reading to do! I didn't realize you were back at it, yay!
I love the retro kitchen, we looked at those at Costco too but it was only I that was in love.
Great to have you back blogging:)
Post a Comment