Monday, June 25, 2007

More Camping!

This weekend we made it out for another weekend of camping in the new trailer. We headed out to Pigeon lake on Friday evening. The group we camped with were Darcy's friends from high school. It certainly wasn't a warm weekend and we were the only ones in a trailer. Everyone else toughed it out in a tent. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my tenting days when I was young but oh how I love having a trailer. I particularly don't miss being too hot and too cold, getting wet when it rains or having to pee in the night.


As always a big part of camping is the eating! We enjoyed snacking by the fire. Helen and Craig showed us how to cook doughboys over the fire. All you do is twist Pillsbury dough around the stick and cook over the fire for 3 to 5 minutes, you can roll em in butter and brown sugar, spread jam on them, fill them with whip cream and chocolate. Any way you serve them, they are yummy! It was a great weekend to catch up with everyone. Very seldom do we all have a chance to get together and just visit.

Sunday, Dad and Ila stopped in for a visit. We exchanged birthday and happy father's day hugs and gifts. Hailey was pretty silly again, amusing grandma and grandpa.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Photoshop Brushes Obsidian Dawn