Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Party Prep

This morning I asked Hailey if she would practice her puppet show in the other room as today is a work day for mommy. She told me she would give it some thought and would let me know yes or know. A moment later she informed me that she decided yes. The strange thing about listening to your children talk is that it is an eye into yourself, good and bad. Hailey repeats a lot of words and tones that we use...we have yet to be surprised by repeated swear words and such but I have been told to 'get going', 'i don't think so miss' and 'excuse me'. Hailey also puts her hands on her hips and takes on a super sassy attitude when she is mad...I'll have to watch and see if that one is from me or Darcy!! The other day in response to my warning...1...2...3...4...she very boldly put her hands on her hips, raised her voice and informed me to 'stop counting...I do not like time out'. As for my little Dylan, he is big into telling his little cousin Calista 'No', 'Stop' and 'Go away'!! Right now the little Turkey has is trying to get to my keyboard with his toes. To keep him busy I put music on and give him my head set, which works great unless a call comes in.

A few mornings ago Dylan and Tracy came down with the flu, they were both throwing up. Seems that it has come and gone, so hopefully everyone is feeling well for our party. We are gearing up for New Year's Eve, feeling only minor post holiday blues. Perhaps it is because we still have lots of time left here in Winnipeg or perhaps it is because we are really looking forward to New Year's Eve. Hailey seems to be fine with Christmas being over as she was busy this morning making invitations to her next birthday party...for September.

We picked up some Hawaiian outfits and decorations for our 'Murder in Margaritaland' mystery party. We have been preparing for a few days, so we have been a busy bunch. Darcy is working on music and video. Tracy, Hailey and I made several paper flowers, they turned out big and lovely and are made in bright primary colors so they are perfect for the tropical theme. Dan and Tom (Dan's dad) constructed a Tiki Bar which we decorated and set up on the kitchen island. We inflated palm trees, attached scenery to the walls and will set out patio furniture for our guests. Late into the evening Tracy, (Dan's mom) Pat and I prepped cheese, fruit and veggies.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Photoshop Brushes Obsidian Dawn