Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Whirlweek

Since I returned home from Alaska it has been a whirlwind. I settled back into work nicely and spent most of my first few days home sharing photos and reliving the trip. I missed my family very much while I was away so I was sad to find that when I got home, Dylan was miffed at me. He refused to come to me and would reach for daddy and Stacey if I tried to take him...that made me very sad but I recall going through something similar with Hailey so I sucked it up for the first week.

Thursday evening I had a massage, it was lovely!! Friday evening I rushed around shopping for the birthday party and for Hailey's birthday gifts. I had all kinds of gift ideas for her that didn't pan out so until I got shopping I wasn't sure what I was looking for. Robyn and Sean stopped by for a few margaritas late in the evening. It was nice to visit with them we haven't seen very much of each other this summer.

Saturday morning we grabbed groceries and after throwing together dessert and a overnight bag I was off to the lake for Leslie's stagette. It was 80's theme and I really hadn't put much effort into my outfit, thank goodness there was a ton of spare scrunchies, hoop earings and Aqua Net to go around. The weather was hot, there were lots of ladies and tons of food. I actually got a chance to visit with LeeAnn which was really nice. I turned in around11:30 and had a decent night sleep. I was happy to be on the road home in the morning.

Sunday was another hot day. Throughout the day I worked on Hailey's birthday cake. It was Cinderella theme, a white base with a 'pink carpet' staircase. I had Cinderella and her Prince at the top and a horse and carriage at the bottom. We spent the afternoon in the yard. We had some neighbors over to visit and the kids played in the pool for quite awhile.

We finished up our party planning on Monday. We went to the dollar store for a few last minute decorations and then out to dinner before stopping for our party groceries. Monday evening I prepared food and Darcy wrapped gifts in preparation for Hailey's big day!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Photoshop Brushes Obsidian Dawn