A week ago my papa Joe passed away. He had been ill for a more than 5 years and spent most of the past 5 years in hospital. You have never met a man like my papa Joe. He was a fantastic grandfather, he was fun, loving and always there when you needed him. My grandfather never complained despite his health issues, he was always interested in our lives, was so very proud of each of us and just being with him was always a pleasure. I spent a lot of my life with my grandparents and sadly miss both of them very much.Papa's health deteriorated quickly. My sister flew in last week and we were fortunate enough to have some time with him at the hospital. As the days passed he grew weaker and there was discomfort and pain. On Wednesday he passed away. My small family gathered to reminisce, we shared stories that brought tears and smiles. We celebrated his life this week and were joined by many friends and family on Tuesday to say goodbye. I am so very thankful to have had my sister here for support.
My sister had originally planned to come for the long weekend in hopes that she would meet her new nephew. As I am sure you have guessed...he hasn't made his grand arrival yet. Hopefully soon!! I am due in a few days. To add to the stress this past week, I had some unfortunate issues with my insurance coverage and had to return to work until the baby is born.
Miss Hailey is as wonderful as always. She was a ray of sunshine for all of us. She is super chatty and says the funniest things. The other day she put her hand on my belly and said 'baby, come out and play'.
0 comments:
Post a Comment