Darcy's company meeting was in Park City, Utah this year. Since spouses are invited I decided to make the trip. I had been in touch previously with their Marketing contact, Brandy and had worked on a bunch of research for her about the area. I had looked into restaurants, activities and was pleased to find that she went ahead with plans for a group hot air balloon ride! We left Hailey with Grandma and Grandpa and headed headed for the meeting. We flew into Salt Lake City, Utah. As we came in for landing we had a clear view of Great Salt Lake, which was very unusual looking, kind of lifeless.
We rented a car and drove to Park City. It was a fairly long drive but the mountains were beautiful. We traveled well into the ski resort area to our hotel which was on a gorgeous mountain side. We settled into our room and Darcy headed for meetings. I worked the greeting table with Brandy, helping give out welcome packages and get the employees and spouses settled. I organized golf, excursions and transportation for the spouses. Park City was a lovely place to visit, reminded me very much of Banff. The main street filled with shops and restaurants, lots to do and see. I made my way into town to do some shopping. I found a few souvenir items, including my Christmas Ornament for the trip. I hung out with Tania and Bridget and we had a great time.
First thing Friday morning we had a champagne hot air balloon ride. I am convinced there is no better way to see the area. The morning was crisp and clear and we sailed around watching the view below.
The second night we were there, we had a banquet for which Darcy had prepared a slide show. We have dozens of photos of coworkers, meetings, meals and fortunately the hot air balloon ride but that is where the photos end. There was much more to our stay at Park City, however, when heading for the airport we left our camera in the hotel parkade and it was never recovered. We reported it lost and through our insurance we were able to replace it but we were sad to have lost some great photos.Nearing the end of the meetings, I met with Skip, the big boss and we discussed my potential future employment with the Marketing group, this was very exciting as I am nearing the end of my maternity leave and was not really looking forward to returning to my old position. I am ready for something new.
When the meeting was finished Darcy and I did some shopping and spent an afternoon at the Park City Olympic Park. This park was a lot of fun. We rode the zip lines and the bobsled, which was an excellent but slightly painful experience. Then we sat in the hot sun and watched the aerial skip jumpers practice ski jumping into the pool. We very much enjoyed our trip to Park City and would love to return their some day.
0 comments:
Post a Comment