Saturday, March 18, 2006

Spring has Sprung

Having managed to get very little scrapbooking done to over the first several months of Hailey's life, I had a lot of catching up to do. I worked on layouts for Hailey's arrival and first 6 months. I am happy with how it is turning out. Hailey is content to hang out while I do some work on it, so hopefully I will be able to keep it up now. Looking over all of the photos I can really see that she has changed so much since we first brought her home from the hospital.

We had Eater dinner at Ken and Linda's on the 12th. They surprised Hailey with a singing and dancing bunny. At first she wasn't sure what to think of it but then wanted us to play it over and over.

It is hard to believe that in a few weeks that Hailey will be 7 months old. Each day she looks more and more like a little girl and less like a baby. It seems that spring is here. After a short burst of winter weather and a ton of snow, the temperature is slowly rising and the sun is shining.We have settled into a nice routine. She is much more predictable and happy during the day. Hailey is sleeping very well, aside from her morning wake time of 5am. This Sunday is daylight savings, hopefully she will begin waking at 6am.

Hailey started solids at the beginning of the month and over the past 3 weeks has been enjoying a variety of cereals, vegetables and a few fruits. Mealtime is somewhat messy and I have discovered that carrots and squash are surprisingly difficult stains to remove. Hailey is not yet crawling but she is moving around a lot. She constantly wiggles her way to the top of the crib and then cries for help. She plays with her feet and almost always has them in the air. At bedtime, she likes to play in her crib. Often in the middle of the night we wake to music and the noises her toys make.

Hailey is still teething, a tooth has actually appeared at the gum, but it has not made its way out. Needless to say Hailey is drooling like crazy and is quite uncomfortable. She is still babbling a lot. I constantly say "mom","mommy" and "mama" hoping that one day she will say it back. So far the response I get is a giggle or that deer in the headlights look.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Photoshop Brushes Obsidian Dawn